This is an excellent and proven treatment for sun damaged skin, including actinic keratosis. It has also proven effective in many studies in the treatment of some skin cancers such as basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma in situ
It is a great alternative to other topical treatments such as 5-FU (most commonly known as Efudix) given its convenience.
- Healing is usually rapid, as there is relatively small damage to healthy cells.
- It provides an excellent cosmetic result.
- Scarring has not been reported.
- There is no systemic reaction.
- The treatment is able to be customised to your individual needs (especially cost vs downtime).
- Can be repeated if necessary.